Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Makeup Or Clothes?

Hello makeup artists! As soon as we get a paycheck and our obligations are paid off we have the choice on how and where to spend our money. In the past I would prefer to spend my money on makeup no questions asked but recently I have noticed that my wardrobe is lacking its usual luster and no matter how beautifully flawless your face looks if your clothes don't look good too it will throw off your entire look. :( So where to begin... Its been so long since I have done some proper shopping I decided to do an essay about it before I began. lol.

Being trendy is important but trends fade and you will be required to redo the closet ever season. I watched an episode of WSITN (what style is to nickel) on key pieces in your wardrobe. He mentioned that you should have a couple key pieces that are timeless and keep you trendy. I like black clothes they can be classy and sheek (just make sure they are not faded because that can definetly throw off the sheekness lol).

So on to picking out clothes that look good. I have a specific vibe for my closet. Just because I am not spending a lot of money on my clothes does not mean I would like for them to look inexpensive. I dont like what I call fairy dresses and definetly not anything too stretchy/spandexy that has a built in necklace (is that a word). The kind of dresses that are cut up like tinkerbell's dress in the movie peter pan.

Although I dont really like to try too hard to fit in with fashion a true diva/makeup artist has to follow some trends because makeup and fashion complete each other. Fashion trends and makeup trends together.

This years makeup trends according to stylelist.com are

  • metallics (golds, silvers, bronze colors)
  • false lashes
  • minimal foundation (tinted moisturizers)
  • peachy nudey lip colors
  • mauvey or metallic smokey eyes which is not as harsh as black.


This years style trends according to fashionera.com are
  • Vibrant colour block mixing
  • Lemon yellow gold tones
  • Stronger shoulder/emphasis
  • Volume sleeves
  • Geometric lines
  • Overall interpretation of drapery
  • Ornate or trophy jackets
  • Surface texture and sheen in fabrics
  • Texture in jewellery with chunky costume and vintage pieces







Okay so the style/wardrobe revamping begins. I will let you know when I buy new items for my closet. Until then take care..

No comments:

Powered By Blogger